What is a menstrual cup
MeLuna menstrual cup is a receptacle placed in the vagina to collect menstrual blood during menstruation. MeLuna is made of high quality, medical grade thermoplastic elastomer (TPE). All MeLuna menstrual cups are produced in Germany and do not contain any harmful plasticisers. MeLuna also does not contain any proteins, PVC, latex, silicone, bleaching agents, deodorants or absorbent gels. In short MeLuna is:
- Healthy, sanitary and cost saving alternative compare to disposable, menstrual products;
- Invisible monthly protection;
- Reliable protection throughout the night;
- able to retain more liquid than any other menstrual hygiene product;
- Offered in different sizes and models for a more customized fit;
- Made from high-quality medical grade thermoplastic elastomer;
- Easy to clean;
- Menstrual care solution that enables you to enjoy your daily activities unrestriced;
- May be used from the first menstrual flow on;
- Durable product – long product life when cared for as instructed.
How to use menstrual cup MeLuna
MeLuna is small, soft cup that is insert in the vagina to collect the menstrual flow. It is effortlessly and securely kept in place by the pelvic muscles. After a few hours you simply remove the cup and empty it, then rinse and reinsert it. Unlike tampons, the menstrual cup does not absorb any blood, it collects it in the cup.
- To insert the cup simply fold the MeLuna using your prefered method;
- Hold the menstrual cup firmly folded and insert it, with the folded end first, into the vagina. You will quickly find out by trial and error what the optimal positioning is. Some women prefer to place it close to the cervix, while others prefer it to sit closer to the vaginal entrance;
- You should usually empty your menstrual cup 2 to 4 times a day;
- To remove MeLuna, put yourself in a comfortable position, preferebly a squatting position, relax and carefully remove MeLuna by gently pulling the handle of the bottom of the cup. At the same time use your pelvic floor muscles to push the cup down and out. Turning your MeLuna can also be helpful.